Friday, June 12, 2009

Game 7: Red Wings 1, Penguins 2

The good guys do not always win. Isn't that the lesson you learn as you grow up? Well, that is how I feel tonight, and yeah, I am sad. And no, I did not watch them skate around our ice with the cup. I do not believe in torturing myself unnecessarily, and watching Bettman fawn over his prized Penguins is something I could do without.

Here's the thing though. I still adore and love my team. And I am so proud of them. The Wings played a hell of a season, and I had a blast watching them. The playoffs were phenomenal and that series with Anaheim, in my opinion, was the true Stanley Cup round, no matter what the NHL or the Penguins might think (that series was something else). I have no doubt when the injury reports come out in the next few days we will have quite the list; this was a major year of overcoming obstacles for us, and we almost overcame them all.

There is always next season and it just means the octopus will be all the more hungry, right?! Now, I just have to figure out what the heck I am going to watch now that hockey is over with.

No comments: