Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Little Things

Can I just tell everyone how lucky I am? I have spent the last two days just feeling so incredibly thankful for all that I am blessed with in my life, and isn't that what Christmas is all about? I know, it is all horribly cliche to be talking about this now, but if Christmas helps put everything in perspective ... well, so what? I will be the cliche.

So, here is my little list of things I am thankful for this beautiful holiday season:

My totally materialistic items:

1. The fantastic new computer I got that I am typing away on right now with its lightening fast connections, beautiful monitor.... oh, I could go on for days!

2. My cool new Sony walkman which I have no clue how to work, but I soon will. I plan to be downloading music and joining the world of current technology just a bit more.

3. The new luggage we got from Ron and Helen. Thank you!

The really important items that cannot be bought:

1. My daughter, Isabelle for:
a. wanting to give Santa a pink gift for Christmas because isn't everyone supposed to get a gift on Christmas, even the big man?
b. noticing every single ornament on the tree and making me feel like all the hours I spent decorating were completely worth it.
c. being the one person who wants to watch the Polar Express as many times as I do.
d. giving me a hug good night for the last month and telling me, "it's almost Christmas time, Mommy."
e. driving back from Grandma's on Christmas and singing "Jingle Bells" to her Daddy and I . "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, JinGUM all da way... oh DA fun it is to wide a one horse Oooopen Swwweighhhhhh."
f. "Santa brought me dollhouse.... ooh, how bootiful!"
g. asking where the gifts were the day after Christmas, looking at the empty space beneath the tree. Isn't everyday Christmas now?
h. pointing out baby Jesus on all the Christmas cards taped to the fridge and telling me he "pwobably needs a hug."
i. wishing me Merry Christmas two dozen times in the last two days.

2. My hubby for being such a fantastic father and making my heart melt every time I see him with Isabelle, (for buying such an awesome computer. Did I mention I love this?!), for playing personal shopper for his parents this year, and for still loving me despite all my little imperfections and annoying habits.

3. For the amazing family I have. (and I mean everyone. Yes, I know it is sorta Brady Bunch-ish, but it is true. Clay and I have great families.)

4. For snow on Christmas.

5. For Kurt. Let's not go 9 years again between Christmas's, okay?

6. Our good friends, Cindy and Len, for always making us laugh and treating our child like she is theirs.

7. My cats curled up under the tree like two presents.

8. Girls Nights out and cookie exchanges... it was fun ladies!

9. My snow globe collection because it still makes me see the magic of Christmas and makes me feel like a little girl all over again.

10. Mostly, that everyone I care about is happy and healthy and safe because at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

No comments: